Tantalum injection quill for injection of concentrated sulfuric acid.
Typical Size : tantalum flange with the tailored tantalum pipe with one end sealed per the following :
|TANTALUM PIPE||Schedule 10 **||Schedule 40 **||Schedule 80 **||Schedule 160 **|
|Size||Nom. OD||ID||Wall Thick.||ID||Wall Thick.||ID||Wall Thick.||ID||Wall Thick.|
|*Because of differing manufacturing methods and tolerances, pipe ID and wall thickness may vary slightly from the values given. Length of tantalum pipe can be tailored with Random Length up to 6000mm|
Application : Tantalum is the best material choosen for diffusers or injectors that can withstand sulfuric acid across during the dilution process, tantalum can withstand certain acid corrosions that even some of the superalloys can't withstand under the concentrated sulfuric acid ( H2SO4 ) 93% ~ 98% with the high temperature to 310 °F (170 °C), e.g. to get the diluted sulfuric acid (about 0.8 -0.9 % weight) by means of the dilution of the 98% concentrated sulfuric acid with the slip stream of the untreated geothermal water of the temperature 310 °F (170 °C), tantalum is the better anti-corrossion material than that of other superalloys such as Hastelloy C 276, because Hastelloy C 276 was suffering from the extremely high corrosion rates (about 0.1" in two weeks), especially around the 98% acid injection point in the water slip stream and through the 2" Static Mixer (Hastelloy C 276) which located 2 meter downstream of the concentrated acid injection "T". it well know that the use of concentrated sulfuric acid for pH control in water and wastewater treatment, agriculture, bio-energy, geothermal power plant and chemical processes is often the best choice due to the ready availability, low cost and effectiveness of this acid, e.g. Tantalum is the most resistant (in particular it was resistant to pitting corrosion) to the geothermal fluids such as, dilution of sulphuric acid, through the critical concentration range from 98% to 10% at a temperature of 225°C. The corrosion rate of tantalum was less than 0.035 mm/year at all concentrations tested and the alloy was pit-free in all tests.
Trade name : tantalum quill, tantalum quills, tantalum injector, tantalum injectors, tantalum injection quill, tantalum injection quills, tantalum ampoule, tantalum ampule, tantalum sheath, tantalum sleeve, tantalum shell, tantalum protect tubing, ta tube, ta tubing, tantalum sparger, tantalum spargers, etc.,
Standard Specification ASTM B 708 -05 for Tantalum Ribbon, Tantalum Alloy Ribbon, Tantalum Strip, Tantalum Alloy Strip, Tantalum Foil, Tantalum Alloy Foil, Tantalum Sheet, Tantalum Alloy Sheet, Tantalum Plate, Tantalum Alloy Plate.
This specification covers unalloyed and alloyed Tantalum Ribbon, Tantalum Alloy Ribbon, Tantalum Strip, Tantalum Alloy Strip, Tantalum Foil, Tantalum Alloy Foil, Tantalum Sheet, Tantalum Alloy Sheet, Tantalum Plate, Tantalum Alloy Plate as follows:
1. ASTM B 708 -05 UNS R05200, unalloyed tantalum, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both.
2. ASTM B 708 -05 UNS R05400, unalloyed tantalum, powder-metallurgy consolidation.
3. ASTM B 708 -05 UNS R05255, tantalum alloy, 90% tantalum 10% tungsten, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both.
4. ASTM B 708 -05 UNS R05252, tantalum alloy, 97.5% tantalum 2.5% tungsten, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both.
5. ASTM B 708 -05 UNS R05240, tantalum alloy, 60% tantalum 40% columbium, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt.
Standard Specification ASTM B 521 -98 for Tantalum Tube + Tantalum Alloy Tube Seamless and Welded.This specification covers tantalum and tantalum alloy seamless and welded tubes of the following grades:
1. ASTM B 521 -98 UNS R05200, unalloyed tantalum, vacuum melt;
2. ASTM B 521 -98 UNS R05200, unalloyed tantalum, powder-metallugry consolidation;
3. ASTM B 521 -98 UNS R05255, tantalum alloy, 90% tantalum 10% tungsten alloy, vacuum melted;
4. ASTM B 521 -98 UNS R05252, tantalum alloy, 97.5% tantalum 2.5% tungsten alloy, vacuum melted;
5. ASTM B 521 -98 UNS R05240, tantalum alloy, 60% tantalum 40% columbium, electron-beam furnace or vacuum-arc melt, or both.